Why You Cannot Trust Your Insurance Company
If you are in a car accident, you cannot trust the insurance company – even your own. Even though Flo and the Mayhem guy are entertaining and appealing on television, those are advertisements only.
Wow! It’s a shocking statement, we know. But, we hear the same sentiment all the time from personal injury attorneys. They see injured people get ripped off by insurance companies daily.
When you call for help or take a call, you are not talking to Flo or even anyone who has ever met her.
- Insurance companies will tape your conversations and use your words against your later.
- They will try to get you to settle for way less than your case is worth.
- Their only goal is to make you go away by paying you the least amount of money possible.
- Insurance companies have been caught intentionally using misleading software to value your case.
- They do not always pay when the policy says they should. Do you really understand your policy? How about the policy of the person you caused your injury?
- Insurance companies will lie.
The only exception to our very dramatic “NO” is that you should call your insurance company to report the accident. Say and do nothing more. NOTHING.
It’s okay to blame your silence on a lawyer. They don’t mind taking the heat.
Never Allow an Insurance Company to Tape You
If an insurance company tapes you, even your own company, it will use your words against you later.
- They have to ask to tape you; always say, “NO”. They may try to persuade you by saying if they tape you, you won’t have to fill out paperwork. Don’t fall for it. Just say, “NO”!
- The only contact you should have with any insurance company is to report an accident to your own company.
- Do not make a statement to any insurance company, including your own, without first consulting with a qualified personal injury attorney.