Tax Law in Wisconsin
If you’ve received a letter from the IRS or the Wisconsin Department of Revenue and you’re unsure how to proceed, consult with a Wisconsin tax attorney. If you need help filing back taxes, negotiating a tax debt, defending against tax fraud or tax evasion charges, a tax attorney can help. If you want to make sure you’re paying the right amount of taxes, a tax lawyer will provide good advice.
This Wisconsin tax law article bottom lines:
- When a WI tax lawyer can help you
- The types of taxes a WI tax attorney deals with
- How to find free non-legal tax help
- How to find legal tax help
A Wisconsin Tax Lawyer Can Help with these Tax Problems
Unsure whether it’s appropriate to consult with a tax lawyer? Here are some examples wherein a tax attorney would be helpful. If you don’t see your individual situation, call the tax lawyer of your choice and ask if he or she can help. You have nothing to lose.
- Sanford wants to know what’s involved in expatriation to avoid federal income taxes.
- The Wisconsin Department of Revenue states that Tara’s business owes them $32,000 is sales tax.
- Liza has been assessed a $45,000 tax bill by the IRS. She doesn’t think she owes that much and, even if she does, she can’t pay it.
- Reed is facing tax fraud charges. If convicted, he will go to jail for a very long time.
- Melinda’s husband died leaving her a size able estate. She doesn’t want the estate to be diminished by federal estate taxes when she dies.
- Peter wants to know whether he should marry his deceased girlfriend’s daughter to avoid the federal estate tax.
- Paige needs information on “The Innocent Spouse Rule”. She wants to know if the rule would protect her and she wants to testify against her husband, Kim, in his tax evasion case.
A Wisconsin Tax Attorney Handles These Kind of Taxes
Tax lawyers help to ensure that you’re paying enough – but not too much in taxes – and they keep you out of jail. They provide guidance in 5 taxing events.
- INCOME TAX.
- PROPERY TAX.
- GIFT TAX.
- SALES TAX and USE TAX.
- DEATH TAX.
Where do I Find Wisconsin and Federal Tax Laws?
Here are important tax links that may answer your questions, help you to ask the right questions, or create even more important questions.
- Federal Tax Code, Regulations, and Guidance(federal laws).
- Wisconsin Statutes and Annotations (state laws).
- Examples of Wisconsin taxes:
- Google your own Local Municipal Laws and Regulations for your county, township, city, borough, village, etc (local laws).
How Do I Find Non-Legal Tax Help?
How Do I Find Legal Tax Help?
It’s free to find out whether a lawyer can help you. To find a Wisconsin tax attorney, search our site, www.attorneys.org, or ask the bar association or a friend for a referral.