Personal Injury Law in Rhode Island
If you or a loved one has been injured and if you’re concerned about how you’re going to pay medical bills, make up for lost wages, and have a secure future, a Rhode Island personal injury attorney may be able to the answer to your concerns.
If you or a loved one has been injured in Rhode Island, this article will be helpful.
We’ll briefly explain:
- The kinds of cases that Rhode Island personal injury lawyers handle.
- What you need to prove in a personal injury case.
- Why you should call a lawyer immediately.
- How to find a Rhode Islandpersonal injury attorney.
Would a Rhode Island Personal Injury Attorney Handle My Case?
If you were injured in Rhode Island, aRhode Island attorney would likely handle your type of case. You must consult with aRhode Island PI lawyer to find out if you have a case.
Here are some of the cases Rhode Island personal injury attorneys handle.
- Example motor vehicle cases include truck, car, motorcycle, pedestrian, bicycle, golf cart, RV, ATV, boat, cruise line, airplane, scooter, amusement park ride, construction zone, and mass accidents.
- Example defective products are medical equipment, tires, cars, hair dryers, power tools, medicines, vacuum cleaners, equipment, machines, appliances, kitchen tools, and chemicals.
- Example serious injuries include death, birth injuries, brain injuries, dog bites, adverse drug reactions, burns, scars, lacerations, bruises, broken bones, fractures, food-borne illnesses, nursing home abuse injuries, slip and falls injuries, medical malpractice injuries, and Mesothelioma (i.e. cancer).
How Do I Prove My Rhode Island Personal Injury Case?
Usually, you must prove negligence, by a preponderance of the evidence, to win a PI case.
- #1 – Show the defendant had a duty to you that was breached.
- #2 – Show that breach caused serious injuries.
- #3 – Show that the serious injuries resulted in legal damages such as medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Why Should I Call a Personal Injury Lawyer Immediately?
- As soon as you make the call to a personal injury attorney, you’ll have professionals on your side to collect evidence and give you advice.
- Evidence needs to be preserved as close to the time of the accident as possible.
- Insurance companies will try to trick you.
Every case has a legal time limit.
Here are some example Rhode Island statute of limitations for personal injury cases:
How Do I Find a Rhode Island Personal Injury Attorney?
To find a Rhode Island personal injury lawyer, search our site, www.attorneys.org, or ask the bar association or a loved one for a referral. You’ll likely feel better as soon as you have a PI lawyer on your side.