Personal Injury Law in Oregon
If you or a loved one has suffered serious injury in the state of Oregon, you can get legal help FAST. As soon as you contact an Oregon personal injury attorney’s law firm, you immediately have professionals in your corner.
There are three ways to contact the Oregon personal injury lawyer of your choice.
- Call. It’s okay to call a personal injury firm 24/7.
- Live Chat. You can do a live chat with a law firm 24/7.
- Online. You can submit your information online and receive a call back 24/7.
If you or a loved one has been injured in the state of Oregon, this article is meant for you. We’ll explain:
- The kinds of cases that Oregon personal injury lawyers handle.
- What you need to prove in a personal injury case.
- Why you should call a lawyer immediately.
- How to find an Oregon personal injury attorney.
Would an Oregon Personal Injury Attorney Handle My Case?
The bottom line is that Oregon personal injury lawyers help people seriously injured in the state of Oregon.
Example motor vehicle cases include airplane, truck, car, motorcycle, pedestrian, bicycle, golf cart, RV, ATV, boat, cruise line, and amusement park ride accidents.
Sometimes defective products cause injuries. Tire, chemicals, medical equipment, medical tools, medical products, drugs, medications, cars, hair dryers, power tools, equipment, medicines, vacuum cleaners, machines, appliances, kitchen tools, etc. have all been found to be defective at times.
Example injuries include brain injuries, birth injuries, wrongful death, dog bites, adverse drug reactions, burns, scars, lacerations, bruises, fractures, broken bones, nursing home abuse injuries, slip and falls injuries, food poisoning injury, medical malpractice injuries, and Mesothelioma (i.e. cancer).
How Do I Prove My Oregon Personal Injury Case?
To win your case, you must prove negligence. There are other theories of liability, but in Oregon, negligence is the most common.
- First, demonstrate that the defendant failed to act as a reasonable prudent person in that particular situation would act and that he had a duty to you.
- Second, you must demonstrate that but for the defendant’s unreasonable actions/inactions you would not have been injured.
- Third, you need to show that you suffered legal damages like medical bills, lost wages, lost benefits, pain and suffering, and for family members, loss of consortium.
Why Should I Call a Personal Injury Lawyer Immediately?
- To get evidence preserved and avoid the “he said, she said” scenario.
- To get advice.
- To avoid making mistakes that will affect your case.
- To avoid being taken advantage of by insurance companies.
To meet the statute of limitations.
Here are some example Oregon statute of limitations for personal injury cases:
How Do I Find an Oregon Personal Injury Attorney?
To find an Oregon personal injury lawyer, search our site, www.attorneys.org, or ask the bar association or a loved one for a referral. Your next step is to contact the attorney of your choice.