Tax Law in Oklahoma
If you need tax help with legal matters be sure that you’re consulting with an Oklahoma tax attorney, licensed to practice law in Oklahoma. Unfortunately, there are businesses posing as legal firms and they are not – only licensed lawyers can practice law, meaning that only licensed lawyers can provide tax related legal advice.
In addition to a background on where to find the law, we’ll help you get matched up with the Oklahoma tax attorney of your choice. This article explains:
- When an OK tax lawyer can help you
- The types of taxes an OK tax attorney deals with
- How to find free non-legal tax help
- How to find legal tax help
An Oklahoma Tax Lawyer Can Help with these Tax Problems
Oklahoma tax attorneys provide legal advice in tax matters. Here are examples of tax law cases – there are many others as well. Feel free to contact the licensed tax lawyer of your choice to determine whether he or she would be a good fit for your situation.
Archie hasn’t been paying income tax on all of the cash that comes into the bar. Edith has been nagging him to come clean. Archie is afraid if he comes clean the IRS will put him in jail. He needs solid legal advice and Edith wants to make sure she doesn’t get put in jail because of Archie’s actions.
Mike doesn’t like that he has to live with his in-laws. He wants to pay some rent to ease his conscious, but he doesn’t have much to offer because he’s in school. Mike wants to know how he can make a contribution that won’t be subject to income taxes.
The IRS has assessed Gloria with a $13,000 tax deficit; she doesn’t think she really owes that much and wants help dealing with the IRS.
Joey wants to know how to set up and run a business that will create the highest profit and the lowest taxes. He needs good advice.
George and Louise are facing tax evasion charges and need a strong defense.
The Oklahoma Tax Commission is auditing Harry’s bar and he wants legal representation throughout the process. He’s afraid that he’ll say or do something wrong or that the commission will bully him – he had a bad experience with the IRS a few years ago.
Stephanie is just starting fresh. She’s setting up a business and wants good advice as to how to handle the taxes. Her father had been to jail and she doesn’t want to follow in his footsteps.
An Oklahoma Tax Attorney Handles These Kind of Taxes
Tax lawyers handle tax planning, the preparation of tax returns, criminal defense, and interactions with the IRS, the Oklahoma Tax Commission, and local taxing authorities.
Tax lawyers work with taxes that arise:
- When money is earned such as personal and business income, short-term and long-term capital gains, self-employment, and payroll taxes.
- When assets are held such as real estate taxes.
- When assets are transferred such as gift and mergers & acquisition taxes.
- When products and services are purchased (sales tax and use taxes).
- When an asset owner dies(federal estate and generation skipping taxes).
Where do I Find Oklahoma and Federal Tax Laws?
Though an attorney is needed to explain how tax laws apply to you, here are direct links to the law:
- Federal Tax Laws –Federal Tax Code, Regulations, and Guidance
- State Tax Laws – Oklahoma Statutes
- Examples of Oklahoma taxes:
- Local Tax Laws – Google your own county and township (city, town, borough, village, etc.) laws.
How Do I Find Non-Legal Tax Help?
How Do I Find Legal Tax Help?
Don’t be mislead, only lawyers can provide legal advice. To find an Oklahoma tax attorney, search our free site, www.attorneys.org, or ask the bar association or a friend for a referral.