Personal Injury Law in Oklahoma
Injured people often state that before they hired an Oklahoma personal injury attorney, they had trouble sleeping at night, couldn’t concentrate, worried all of the time, felt angry, and were irritable. Once they have a legal team in their corner, they feel better.
- Less worries of not being able to pay bills.
- No more feeling as though the insurance company will take advantage of them.
- No more wading through piles of paperwork and receiving unwanted calls.
- No more feeling alone and vulnerable.
If you or a loved one has been injured in the state of Oklahoma, this article is meant for you. We’ll nutshell:
- The kinds of cases that Oklahoma personal injury lawyers handle.
- What you need to prove in a personal injury case.
- Why you should call a lawyer immediately.
- How to find an Oklahoma personal injury attorney.
Would an Oklahoma Personal Injury Attorney Handle My Case?
If you were injured in Oklahoma, an Oklahoma attorney would likely handle your type of case.
Here are some of the cases Oklahoma personal injury attorneys handle.
- Example motor vehicle cases include airplane, scooter, truck, car, motorcycle, pedestrian, bicycle, golf cart, RV, ATV, boat, cruise line, and amusement park ride accidents.
- Example defective products cases cars, hair dryers, power tools, medicines, vacuum cleaners, machines, appliances, kitchen tools, etc. have all been found to be defective at times.
- Example injuries include death, dog bites, adverse drug reactions, burns, scars, lacerations, bruises, fractures, broken bones, nursing home abuse injuries, slip and falls injuries, food poisoning injury, birth injuries, brain injuries, delayed diagnosis injuries, misdiagnosis injuries, medical malpractice injuries, and Mesothelioma (i.e. cancer).
How Do I Prove My Oklahoma Personal Injury Case?
In most personal injury cases, you will win your case if you can meet these three parts of a negligence case.
- #1. The defendant had a duty to you and didn’t fulfill that duty.
- #2. That failure caused you injury.
- #3. Your injuries caused legal damages.
Why Should I Call a Personal Injury Lawyer Immediately?
- As soon as you make the call to a personal injury attorney, you’ll have professionals on your side to collect evidence and give you advice.
- Witness memories fade and physical evidence can disappear if not preserved right away.
- Insurance companies will pounce on you immediately.
If you allow the statute of limitations to pass, you will be forever barred from trying to get compensation for your injuries.
Here are some example Oklahoma statute of limitations for personal injury cases:
- Medical Malpractice is 2 years (Okla. Stat. В§ 12-95(A)(3)).
- Personal Injury is 2 years (Okla. Stat. В§ 12-95(A)(3)).
- Wrongful Death is 3 years (Okla. Stat. В§ 12-95(A)(3)).
- Property Damage is6 years (Okla. Stat. В§ 12-1053(A)).
How Do I Find an Oklahoma Personal Injury Attorney?
To find an Oklahoma personal injury lawyer, search our site, www.attorneys.org, or ask the bar association or a loved one for a referral. You’ll likely feel better as soon as you take the next step of consulting with a PI attorney.