Personal Injury Law in North Dakota
If you or a loved one has been injured, you may feel isolated and alone. It will likely help your spirits to see friends and family – and to consult with a qualified North Dakota personal injury attorney, who will focus on your case so you don’t have to.
You are not alone. If you or a loved one has been injured in North Dakota, this article is meant for you. We’ll briefly discuss:
- The kinds of cases that North Dakota personal injury lawyers handle.
- What you need to prove in a personal injury case.
- Why you should call a lawyer immediately.
- How to find a North Dakota personal injury attorney.
Would a North Dakota Personal Injury Attorney Handle My Case?
If you were injured in North Dakota, a North Dakota attorney would likely handle your type of case.
PI lawyers handle motor vehicle, defective product, medical malpractice, mass accident, and fire cases. Here are more specific examples.
- Motor Vehicle Cases. Example motor vehicle cases include truck, car, motorcycle, pedestrian, bicycle, golf cart, RV, ATV, boat, cruise line, amusement park ride, construction zone, and mass accidents.
- Defective Product Cases. Cars, hair dryers, equipment, medical equipment, tires, power tools, medicines, vacuum cleaners, machines, appliances, kitchen tools, chemicals, etc. have all been found to be defective at times.
- Medical Malpractice Cases. Delayed diagnosis, missed diagnosis, misdiagnosis, birth injuries, brain injuries, surgical errors, and medical mistakes.
Never assume you don’t have a case; it’s always wise to ask and personal injury consultations are free of charge.
How Do I Prove My North Dakota Personal Injury Case?
In general, negligence is the most common personal injury claim. To prove a negligence case, you must prove that the defendant had a duty to you and breached that duty.
Then you must show that breach caused you harm such as medical bills, lost wages, lost wages, loss of consortium, and the like.
Why Should I Call a Personal Injury Lawyer Immediately?
- As soon as you make the call to a personal injury attorney, you’ll have professionals on your side to collect evidence and give you advice.
- Witness memories fade and physical evidence can disappear.
- Insurance companies will pressure you.
The statute of limitations must be met.
Here are some example North Dakota statute of limitations for personal injury cases:
How Do I Find a North Dakota Personal Injury Attorney?
To find a North Dakota personal injury lawyer, search our site, www.attorneys.org, or ask the bar association or a loved one for a referral. You are not alone.