Tax Law in Nevada
Gambling with an IRS audit, tax preparation, or a challenge by the Nevada Department of Taxation is never a good bet. Instead, this article will provide you with the legal information you need. Good information and a Nevada tax attorney will increase your odds.
- When a NV tax lawyer can help you
- The types of taxes a NV tax attorney deals with
- How to find FREE non-legal tax help
- How to find legal tax help
A Nevada Tax Lawyer Can Help with these Tax Problems
All of the players in these examples would significantly increase their odds of success if a tax attorney had their back.
Katniss suddenly came into wealth and a beautiful home. She needs to know how best to handle the resulting taxes and how to protect her assets to benefit her sister and mother if something happens to her.
Gale runs a hunting guide business and needs to know whether the IRS has a legitimate claim to $12,000 in taxes. He just received a deficit letter and can’t sleep at night.
Peeta’s bakery has been assessed $23,000 by the Nevada Department of Taxation. He wants to know whether he should file bankruptcy, negotiate with the IRS, or move to the capitol.
Haymitch runs a consulting firm, but has never paid any taxes. The IRS and Nevada Department of Taxation are just now catching up with him. Is jail a possibility?
Prim’s business specializes in custom pins. Because of an internal audit, she thinks she owes back taxes and wants help dealing with the IRS.
Cinna designs dresses and is rapidly becoming a household name. He wants to know how to set up his business, file tax returns, and only pay the taxes he really owes.
An Nevada Tax Attorney Handles These Kind of Taxes
- Personal income taxes
- Business taxes
- Payroll taxes which includes self-employment taxes
- Real estate taxes
- Estate related taxes
- Sales and use taxes
Where do I Find Nevada and Federal Tax Laws?
Here are links to relevant tax law:
- Federal Tax Laws –Federal Tax Code, Regulations, and Guidance
- Nevada State Tax Laws – Nevada Revised Statutes 2011
- Examples of Nevada taxes:
- Thanks to Nevada’s prosperous gaming industry, there is no state or local income tax.
- The maximum sales tax in Nevada is 8.1%.
- There is no inheritance tax and no estate tax in Nevada.
- Examples of Nevada taxes:
- Your Local Tax Laws – Google your own county and municipality tax laws.
How Do I Find Non-Legal Tax Help?
the IRS and the Nevada Department of Taxation websites are an excellent source of tax information, tax forms, tax rates, tax laws, and explanations. You can download and print forms and call for more information.
How Do I Find Legal Tax Help?
To improve your odds, consult with a lawyer. To find a Nevada tax attorney, search our free site, www.attorneys.org, or ask the bar association or a friend for a referral. And, may the odds be ever in your favor.