Personal Injury Law in Nevada
There is no need to gamble on your future and your ability to pay your bills or raise your children. If you or a loved one has been injured in a Nevada accident, handling the case yourself would be an unnecessary gamble. Instead, consider hiring the Nevada personal injury attorney of your choice.
If you or a loved one has been injured in the state of Nevada, this article is meant for you. We’ll summarize:
- The kinds of cases that Nevada personal injury lawyers handle.
- What you need to prove in a personal injury case.
- Why you should call a lawyer immediately.
- How to find a Nevada personal injury attorney.
Would a Nevada Personal Injury Attorney Handle My Case?
You need to consult with a personal injury lawyer to determine whether you have a case or not. However, here is a list of common PI cases:
Truck, car, motorcycle, airplane, scooter, pedestrian, bicycle, golf cart, RV, ATV, boat, cruise line, and amusement park ride accidents.
Cars, hair dryers, power tools, chemicals, medications, medical equipment, equipment, medicines, vacuum cleaners, machines, appliances, kitchen tools, etc. have all been found to be defective at times.
Fractures, death, dog bites, adverse drug reactions, burns, scars, lacerations, bruises, broken bones, nursing home abuse injuries, slip and falls injuries, food poisoning injury, medical malpractice injuries, Mesothelioma (i.e. cancer), brain injuries, and birth injuries.
How Do I Prove My Nevada Personal Injury Case?
Only about 2% of all personal injury cases actually go to jury. However, regardless of whether you go to court or settle you must show that the defendant was negligent. There are other theories of liability, but in Nevada, negligence is the most common.
- Duty and Breach of Duty. First, you need to show that the person (or company)who caused your injury had a duty to you and failed to act as a reasonable prudent person in that particular situation would act.
- Causation. Second, you must show that but for the defendant’s unreasonable action or inactions, you would not have been injured.
- Legal Damages. Third, you need to show that you suffered medical bills, lost wages, lost benefits, pain and suffering, and for family members, loss of consortium.
Why Should I Call a Personal Injury Lawyer Immediately?
- As soon as you make the call to a personal injury attorney, you’ll have professionals on your side to collect evidence and give you advice.
- Witness memories fade and physical evidence can disappear.
- Insurance companies will pounce on you.
In addition, if you allow the statute of limitations to pass on your case, your case will be forever barred from the legal system.
Here are some example Nevada statute of limitations for personal injury cases:
How Do I Find a Nevada Personal Injury Attorney?
To find a Nevada personal injury lawyer, search our site, www.attorneys.org, or ask the bar association or a loved one for a referral. The benefits of working with a PI attorney is a sure bet.