Personal Injury Law in Georgia
If you’re having trouble sleeping at night because either you or a loved one has been injured, we understand. Stress is incredibly detrimental to your health. It may not feel like it right now, but the Georgia legal system was created to relieve stress caused by an accident or bad act.
- The goal of personal injury cases it to put the injured person in the position he or she would have been but for the injury. We realize that it’s not the same as preventing the injury, but it’s the best the legal system can do.
- Personal injury attorneys know how to navigate through the legal system, deal with insurance companies, and access medical records – so you don’t have to.
A qualified Georgia personal injury lawyer will provide the specifics applicable to your case, but in the meantime, we’ll use this article to discuss:
- The kinds of cases that Georgia personal injury lawyers handle.
- What you need to prove in a personal injury case.
- Why you should call a lawyer immediately.
- How to find a Georgia Personal Injury Attorney.
Would a Georgia Personal Injury Attorney Handle My Case?
You can find out by linking through our site, www.attorneys.org, to Georgia PI lawyer websites.
Motor vehicles cause injuries. These vehicles often collide with other vehicles, bicycles, and pedestrians: ATV, RV, car, motorcycle, truck, cruise ship, boat, ferry, golf cart.
In addition, injuries occur in amusement parks, construction zones, and mass accidents.
- Defective products cause injuries. These products have caused injuries: Cars, tools, appliances, power tools, hair dryers, vacuum cleaners, saws, machines, medications, kitchen tools, equipment, and chemicals.
- Medical malpractice causes injuries. These are common medical malpractice injuries: Misdiagnosis, delayed diagnosis, failure to treat, birth injuries, wrongful death, inappropriate surgery, adverse medication reactions, and mistakes in surgery.
- These are common injuries: Food-borne illnesses, birth injuries, brain injuries, adverse drug reactions, scars, fractures, lacerations, broken bones, nursing home abuse injuries, burns, bruises, Mesothelioma (i.e. cancer), slip and falls injuries, dog bites, and wrongful death.
- On the job injuries:Even though workers injured on the job should be covered by Workman’s Compensation benefits, workers may need assistance getting their benefits or filing a lawsuit if injured by a defective or mislabeled product.
How Do I Prove My Georgia Personal Injury Case?
To win your case, you must usually prove negligence and there are three steps:
- First, you need to show that the defendant had a duty to you and failed to fulfill that duty.
- Second, you need to show that the defendant’s failure to fulfill his duty caused you injury.
- Third, you need to show that you suffered legal damages because of those injuries.
Why Should I Call a Personal Injury Lawyer Immediately?
- To get evidence protected.
- To get good advice before you take a misstep.
- To protect you from the insurance company’s dishonest tactics.
To make sure state time limits are met.
Here are some example Georgia statute of limitations for personal injury cases:
- Medical Malpractice is 2years (Ga. Code Ann. В§ 9-3-71).
- Personal Injury is 2 years (Ga. Code Ann. В§ 9-3-33).
- Wrongful Death is 2 years (Ga. Code Ann. В§ 9-3-33).
- Property Damage is4 years (Ga. Code Ann. В§ 9-3-31).
How Do I Find a Georgia Personal Injury Attorney?
To find a Georgia personal injury lawyer, search our site, www.attorneys.org, or ask the bar association or a loved one for a referral.