Tax Law in Delaware
If you have tax questions, need tax information, or want to find a Delaware tax attorney, your search engine has served you well.
In this article, we’ll nutshell:
- When a DE tax lawyer can help you
- The types of taxes a DE tax attorney deals with
- How to find free non-legal tax help
- How to find legal tax help
A Delaware Tax Lawyer Can Help with these Tax Problems (and more)
Here are example scenarios. Always get legal advice directly from an attorney.
- Red was wrongly put in jail for tax fraud and he wants to appeal his conviction.
- Andy is being audited for his personal and business deductions. He wants legal representation throughout the audit.
- Stephen wants to know how to shelter some of his income from income tax. Is Delaware a tax friendly state?
- Ellis wants a consultation to know how to file back taxes without going to jail. He also wonders if the IRS will accept payment plans.
- Tim wants to know what will happen to him if he reports a money laundry scheme he’s been part of.
- The tax court has ruled that Boyd does owe $23,000. What are his options? Can he appeal? Can he negotiate? Will penalties and interest accrue?
- Red and Andy want to know if they can avoid federal income taxes by expatriating to Mexico.
A Delaware Tax Attorney Handles These Kind of Taxes
Tax lawyers handle any case that has the word, “tax”, in it. Examples would be the taxation of income, asset transfers, asset ownership, and business dealings.
- Tax lawyers handle filing tax returns; tax planning; criminal defense for tax fraud and tax evasion; and all interactions with taxing authorities such as the IRS, Delaware Division of Taxation, and county and local tax departments.
- Example taxes would be: income, withholding, payroll, estate, real estate, gift, Medicare, social security, gross receipts, and other business taxes:
Where do I Find Delaware and Federal Tax Laws?
Here are important links for both federal and Delaware tax laws.
- Federal Tax Code, Regulations, and Guidance
- Delaware Code
- Examples of Delaware taxes:
- Google your county and local taxing authority for applicable local taxes.
How Do I Find Non-Legal Tax Help?
How Do I Find Legal Tax Help?
If you need legal advice, consult with a lawyer. To find a Delaware tax attorney, search our free site, www.attorneys.org, or ask the bar association or a friend for a referral.