Tax Law in Alaska
Here’s a whole lot of information for you in one place. Take what you need and disregard the rest. If you need further assistance, the best person to contact is an Alaska tax attorney and we’ll show you how to do that.
We’ll show you:
- When an AK tax lawyer can help you
- The types of taxes an AK tax attorney deals with
- How to find free non-legal tax help
- How to find legal tax help
An Alaska Tax Lawyer Can Help with these Tax Problems
There are thousands of potential tax case scenarios, so even if your individual situation isn’t listed below, use this link to consult with the Alaska tax lawyer of your choice.
Juno has set up a trust for her grandchildren. She wants to understand the related tax issues and to have a professional prepare the trust tax returns.
The IRS is investigating Paulie’s running club and the club is at risk for losing its 501(c)(3) status. Paulie is hiring a tax lawyer to prove to the IRS that the club is on the up and up.
The IRS has assessed Vanessa with a $15,890 tax bill; she needs to know how to handle the assessment. What are her options?
The Alaska Department of Revenue is sending auditors into Bren’s nail salon. Bren wants her tax lawyer present to make sure all goes as it should.
Mark is facing tax evasion charges for failing to pay taxes on his music business profits. He needs a strong legal defense.
Mac’s mother’s estate was hit with a huge federal estate tax bill. He wants to appeal because by his understanding there should be no taxes due. The estate plan included high-end tax planning. Mac thinks the IRS has made a huge mistake.
Leah is concerned about penalties for unpaid taxes and needs to know if an abatement would work for her. What are her other options?
An Alaska Tax Attorney Handles These Kind of Taxes
Tax lawyers handle:
- All communications, including negotiations, with the IRS and the Alaska Department of Revenue – as well as local taxing authorities
- Tax fraud and tax evasion criminal defense cases including use of the innocent spouse rule
- Tax planning as well as estate and business planning
- Tax return preparation including both present and back tax returns
- Tax court cases
- Private letter rulings
Tax lawyers work with:
- Personal income taxes
- Business related taxes
- Capital gains taxes (short term and long term)
- Payroll taxes
- Self-employment(Medicare and Social Security)
- Real estate taxes
- Federal gift taxes
- Mergers & acquisition taxes
- Sales and use taxes
- Federal estate state taxes
- Generation skipping taxes
Where do I Find Alaska and Federal Tax Laws?
For those of you who like lots of information to peruse:
- Federal Tax Laws –Federal Tax Code, Regulations, and Guidance
- Alaska State Tax Laws – The Alaska Statutes
- Examples of Alaska taxes:
- There is not state income tax is Alaska.
- There is no state based Alaska sales tax; however, localities are free to collect a sales tax. For example, the sales tax is Juneau is 5% and in Kodiak, it’s 6%.
- As of this writing, there is no Alaskan inheritance tax or estate tax.
- Examples of Alaska taxes:
- Your Local Tax Laws – Google your own county and town for local tax laws.
How Do I Find Non-Legal Tax Help?
To find more important tax information, take a look at the IRS and the Alaska Department of Revenue websites. (Included are tax forms, tax rates, tax laws, and explanations.)
How Do I Find Legal Tax Help?
To find an Alaska tax attorney, search our free site, www.attorneys.org, or ask the bar association or a friend for a referral.